If you could have a conversation with yourself in high school, what would you say?
If I could face the 16-year old Jocelle now, I’d tell her my accomplishments. I’d tell her how proud I am because I was her.
– That it’s okay if I once failed in Math, English, and Sports because she’d be surprised to know that in 13 years, I am now an IT Specialist, I can now blog in good English, and I was able to win Championship with a partner in Badminton.
– I’d tell the 16-year old me that there’s no problem about being quiet. I have learned to speak myself up and it really took time.
– I’d tell her that if ever she had problems making real friends, not to worry about the 29-year old me (now) for I have found the ones worth keeping.
– Do not be afraid to be forgotten by old friends, I have reunited with them, though virtually on Facebook, after years.
– I’d tell her it’s totally okay if she was one of those in lowest rank in her block in High School, because she actually made it to 2 big and known IT companies after college and done the work we both thought only top notchers in HS can.
– Then I’d tell her every little hardship that she’s having shall pass one day and I’m going to make it sure.
Finally, I’d tell her I’m glad that I was her. I’d tell her I am proud of the person I once were, and that I hope she could be proud of what I have become, 16 years after.