Here are my answers:
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
– Never trying. It doesn’t matter if you keep on failing as long as you don’t stop trying. It’s better to try and fail, than fail by not trying.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
– Because the things that we don’t like but do are mostly the things that keep us living – just like hating the only work that you know but don’t like, from where you earn your living.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
– Done more.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
– The way people see and judge each other.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
– Backpacking!! 🙂 Maybe a Bucket Lister completing my Bucket List? 😉
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
– I used to settle for what I’m doing, but I now have learned to stand up for what I believe in. 🙂
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
– I’d do more of what I really enjoy doing, I’d write more, and avoid the things that I’d regret when my 40 years is up.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
– Hmm.. I don’t think I have controlled the course of my life to a large degree, yet.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
– More worried about doing the right things because those are the hardest things to do..
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
– I have been to this situation before, and what I did was just listen to them and defend my friend for the things or criticisms that I think was wrong of them to judge her. And I just kept silent over things that I know was partly true.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
– Live! 🙂
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
– I would if I could.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
– It’s not something I do, but it’s more on the choice of things, or likes. Hmm.. I have a friend who was so surprised to know that I am not excited over the movie Breaking Dawn, and the like. lol
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
– It’s because not every thing that makes one happy, brings others happiness, too. Happiness for me, is not always happiness for you. 😉
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
– Ask somebody out. Invite somebody (even a friend) to a movie. Why? Simply because I fear rejection.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
– Hmm.. maybe, yes. But I still don’t think I should give it up.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
– I’d move to a place where nobody knows me.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
– I push it as hard as I can (or until the button lights up). I don’t think pushing it more than once will make the elevator faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
– I’d rather be a happy simpleton, than be brainy full of worries.
22. Why are you, you?
– I am me because I am me, not because I’m somebody else.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
– I hope so..
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
– I’d rather have a good friend move away, than lose touch with a good friend near me and see every day. It’s going to be really sad to lose touch with someone you’ve been very close to, and I don’t want to be in that situation.
25. What are you most grateful for?
– I am most grateful for the unchanging treatment from friends after years of knowing each other more.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
– I’d rather keep my old memories. For I am not even sure how long will I be able to make new ones. I’d rather die having old memories, than die young with only a few.
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
– Yes. If one is truthful enough to tell it, or not too careful to spill it.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
– Yes and No. 🙂
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
– I can’t remember any specific happy memory, but I guess it’s every day that I spent at home. 🙂
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
– Last year during my last real project. 🙂
32. If not now, then when?
– Maybe tomorrow? or Next week? Next month? or before this year ends..?
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
– The opportunity to achieve it.. (?)
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
– Yes. 🙂
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
– Maybe because they are too busy preaching about love that they forget to live it.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
– Maybe rest for a month, but not quit.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
– I’d rather be given the work I truly enjoy, than have less work but more complains for having it.. 🙂
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
– April, last year (2011).
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
– I will not visit. I’ll call him.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
– No. I am fine with what and who I am today.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
– Being alive is what we are now. Truly living is when we enjoy what we are now.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
– Every “now” is the time.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
– We are not afraid of making mistakes, but of what people would say if we make one.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
– Be differently different.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
– The last time I had colds..? lol
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
– I love someone. I love a group of people. And I really openly express it through writing (poems), and show it through my actions. 🙂
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
– Yes, I think so! Yesterday was Friday, January 6, 2012 – the very first time I attended a call with the people they call “business”.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
– I make it for myself, but I consult my friends first, weigh them, and have the final say to the final decision. 😉
I hope I made sense, but if not, then I’m sorry. :p