Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1. Karol Jozef Wojtyla was elected Pope by the Cardinals and took the name John Paul II in 1978 on the same day I was born.. October 16..
2. I used to be a “daddy’s girl” –“daddy” being my lolo.. him, together with mommy (lola bait) used to steal me from my mama and papa when I was a baby because they want me to sleep with them during the night.. 🙂
3. My Dadi’s (lolo) neighbor used to call me “kuntil” (kase i have that) when i was little and Dadi would get angry and tell that neighbor never to call me by that petname again.. hehe..
4. My first ever nickname was “ingke”.. (next bullet is the reason)
5. “Jocelle” was not supposed to be my name but pinky (eeewww), Dadi didnt want the name pinky for me (kase hello ang itim ko noh tapos ganun pangalan ko..siyet.. kamusta naman ang kabataan ko) , kaya dinaan nalang sa nickname na “ingke”..ehhehe
6. I am an only girl. Only girl sa apat na magkakapatid, and an Only Girl in a group of 10 loving boy friends in High School.. 🙂 ako daw bunso nila.. 🙂
7. I started to write poems when one day I suddenly felt like conversing w/ my lola in rhymes.. 🙂 bawat sabi ko sknya may tugma na patula.. :)..
8. The first school journal I joined was called “The Erudite”..and the first article I contributed was for the linggo ng wika.. 🙂
9. I love to tell my friends about my first impressions on them..and I usually tell them about it kapag comfortable na ako sa kanila.. 🙂
10. I love to be given testimonials/comments.. 🙂
11. I have loved reading since I was in grade school.. di pa nag-uumpisa un school year, tapos ko na basahin lahat ng kwento sa Filipino (Pagbasa at Wika) at English books ko..
12. I hate reporting that’s why I took Computer Science..koneksyon?? kase sa Angelicum nung panahong iyon ilan lang ang courses na meron which were Education, Communication Arts, Computer Science, Information Tech. at Information Mgt., feeling ko kase pag Educ at CommArts ang kinuha ko maraming reporting dun malamang, kaya dun ako sa less talk.. 🙂 hehehe
13. I can invent new words.. diko lam pero ang pagkakatanda ko nabuo ko ang word na “automobiliko” elementary palang ako.. and was surprised to see that word nung magcollege ako dun sa isang car repair shop or something na nadaanan ng jeep na sinasakyan ko papasok sa school..
14. In relation to inventing new words, I also love giving unique names to my things (dabig -name ng mininote, Mavi -name ng rubix cube from May and joVi), as well as calling some of my friends like “the bear” and “big bird”..hhahaa
15. Answering Bulletin Surveys is my Major Hobby.. hahaha..ndi naman obvious sa friendster diba..? hehhee
16. I can be a good researcher..hahha! kaya nga ang galing namin ni “kalabet” tuwing fridays eh..hahaha
17. I am an investigator in my own way.. when i want to know something, i do whatever it takes to know it.. 🙂 proven it twice already.. 🙂
18. I draw. atleast I know i can.. 🙂 but i can only draw things or anything na puro curves ah.. like Pooh.. 🙂
19. I have drawn Winnie the Pooh on a balloon na sumisingaw na ang hangin sa Microsoft Paint.. 🙂 gamit lang ang mouse cursor shemps 🙂 kaso nadelete ko na 😦
20. August 28, 2009 -first time ko nagperform sa Naughty Strings (Tomas Morato) nung Acoustic Night ng ACCS (Angelicum College Computer Studies Society)
21. Im good at remembering dates.. 🙂
22. ..that’s why i rarely forget to greet people on their Birthdays, and Anniversaries..
23. I also love celebrating Anniversaries of Friendships.. 🙂 Dec.16,2002 -JEL’s (JokelEsteLau) Anniv., March 1 -siSkoh’s (Jokel and piYaps) Anniv
24. I dont need a calendar to take note all of the things that happened, is happening, and/or will happen.. (lam ko kung kelan mo nabili un book na binili mo nung kasama mo ko..i can trace kung kelan un..thanks to my memory.. 🙂 .hehe)
25. ..muka lang akong nangangain ng tao.. pero hindi ako cannibal.. mabait ako.. :), mababaw ang luha ko, mababaw ang kaligayahan ko (tipong isang testi lang masaya nko.. sige na please), im gloomy pero sweet, i love cuddles and hugs na mahigpit .. and lastly (totoo na to last na) my favorite thing to say or rather ask is “hala.. galit ka na..? sori na..? galit ka na ba?”
ang haba nung 25 noh.. hahha! bitin!! 🙂
They say, and we have been taught of this that birds of the same feathers flock together. I recall one of those stories in grade school that has this infamous line “tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are” –now, is this saying unfair and false all along..?
A month ago, I had a little and nice conversation with two of my teammates na umabot actually sa isang maliit na debate na hindi kame aware of.
This is how it started. May na-kwento kase yun isa kong kasama which upon telling the story nanggagalaiti sya. Heheh.. And he was referring to a group of individuals whom he judged by the way he’s being treated basta kase naiinis sya kase meron syang na-encounter na isa sa group na yon which I guessed hindi yata naging maganda un meeting niya with that person. And so, ni-judge na niya un group as a whole.
And then he reminded the three of us of the ever-famous saying na “Birds of the same feathers flock together”.. then suddenly I was surprised of myself for saying “oist, birds of the same feathers are not the same!”
Natawa yun isa naming kasama “teka, teka nalito ako dun ah “birds of the same feathers are not the same”??”
Actually natawa din ako..napaisip ako dun sa sinabi ko and finally na-rephrase ko sya “teka, lam ko na, eto may bago akong quote
“Not all birds of the same feathers that flock together are the same”!”
Na-gets niyo ba..? Hindi lahat ng ibong magkakapareho ng balahibo (or let’s say breed) ay pare-pareho.. We cannot always judge a person by the friends he hangs out with. Tama..?
Being friends with self-centered brats doesn’t make us one of them. Just because we are friends with people whom other people judged to be maaangas doesn’t mean that we, too are maangas.. and it doesn’t mean that you have to hate me just because I belong to a group whose one member treated you wrongly..
Just like the quote I have read that goes “Never judge a person by their relatives”. Actually that’s because of this that I thought of rephrasing the ‘bird-of-the-same-feathers’ quote. It’s not because someone has a relative who did something bad makes him bad too. It would be unfair. Diba?
Anywhere, and everywhere, we judge each other by the group each one belongs, and sometimes we somehow forget that one person doesn’t represent the whole group. And it would be unfair for the whole group when they are judged by the way one of their members acts, or thinks. Likewise, the whole group doesn’t make a perfect representation of each person that belongs to it.
Siguro magiging tama lang ito because of what we call influence na pwede nating tawaging hawa-hawa.. naa-adapt ng isa ang ginagawa ng lahat or ng lahat ang ginagawa ng isa kaya pareho na sila.. unless it’s proven to be influence, this remains a falsity.
going back to our little “debate”..guess who won.. I won. How? Well, kinabukasan he came up to me and said “ate, tama ka..not all birds of the same feathers are the same.. naalala ko rin kase un sinabi skin ng tatay ko”.. hehe..
“sabi ko sa’yo eh..nagets mo na..? nakakatuwa naman nainitindihan mo..yey..” –jardj
Eh ayun….wala lang.. nakakadalawa na ‘ko.. what I mean by this is nakakadalawang quotes or expressioins na ‘ko na narerephrase because of reality.. ni-blog ko na rin un isa before.. want a recap of the two quotes/expressions? Here..
· “haay.. NO CHOICE eh”
· “birds of the same feathers flock together”
· “we have a choice..we have a choice..we have a choice” –dahil lagi tayong may choice at marami tayo nun.. yun nga lang kadalasan un choice na gusto natin, hindi pwede..
· Not all “birds of the same feathers that flock together” are the same.
Ideally, un mga nakasulat dapat yun na lang un itinatatak sa isipan..but for me reality strikes and even teaches us more.
Ideally , we have to act or think the way our group does (reason for us being judged fairly or unfairly), but reality tells us that we have our own ways of thinking that somehow separates or differs us from the group we are a member of..